Thursday, November 27, 2008

Bon Jovi demo leak scam continues

Hardrocknews has uploaded more Johnny Lima songs claiming they are from Bon Jovi's bogus new album. There's even a complete track list for "Dangerous Curves" now, with songwriting credits attributed to Jon Bon Jovi, Richie Sambora, and their long-time collaborator Desmond Child. Whoever this is has taken to deleting all the negative or questioning comments on his/her channel and videos in order to keep up the facade. C'mon mate, if you're going to do something like this, at least have the balls to take the criticism that comes with it. ;)

I like Johnny Lima's music though; rock with great melodic hooks, and you can really hear the glam metal influences. Bon Jovi themselves have moved on from those days and I'm glad they've had that growth and development, but I still dig their 80s sound too. Johnny Lima's "Another Lonely Day" was claimed to be a Bon Jovi demo a few years ago as well, and Brazilian band Ellevan was another that I "discovered" because someone tried to claim their English songs were Bon Jovi's. Since I'm always keen to check out new music (and can spot a fake Bon Jovi song pretty quickly) it actually does me some good when someone pulls a prank like this, but I know a lot of people fall for it, including fans who call themselves diehards.

Magic Memory #21 coming soon... watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for giving me your time.